Read this Blog in any Language - Refresh for English

Finding Free Stuff Online: Help Yourself

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Why I received low marks and grades in graduation - How to be a Learner for Life

Mitchell Building, built c 1879. A sandstone b...Image via Wikipedia













I came back from Australia after 1st year of Graduation from University of Adelaide South Australia and had to study during these protests.

In final year of B.Sc. all of our graduation class received grades or marks below 60 out of 100 (from Punjabi University of Patiala) because the examiner himself did not get more than 60 when he did his graduation and MA in Punjabi. We all ...deserved at least above 85 to 95 as it was objective type of examination. My qualification was equated equal to B.Sc. (Honors) in Philosophy, but the Registrar at Punjabi University said that I was right but ordinance does not allow to issue the degree as total credits after my completion of B.Sc. had all of it to be awarded.

The University of Adelaide's Bonython Hall at ...Image via Wikipedia






















The reason for requesting University of Patiala was that I had passed the syllabus of Philosophy equivalent as taught in graduation with honors as my study load was 24 points (full) with:

1. Philosophy 1A
2. Philosophy 1B
3. Logic I

and also a credit and a distinction in Physics, Human and Society I that was offered to me by interview and discussion by the Department including Registrar and Prof. Simpson in 1990 as it was not for all students majoring in Math (In other words, it was not in the ordinance and thus the syllabus book, and I had to convince that it would benefit all students, it was Physics, Man and Society and then man was changed to Human). However, they, the University authorities approved it to start from 1991, but with my efforts I did it in 1990.

That is why B.Sc. (Honors) with Philosophy was deserved academically not just demanded on self-assumption.

The other thing was requesting IGNOU for granting me permission to do studies based on my B.Sc. with education and teaching experience from a recognized school as equivalent to B.Ed., however it was never replied as it seems funny to have such diversified qualification posted as multiple combination for which ordinances prevent to award anything.

My year 12 at the Muirden Matriculation College, Adelaide South Australia with Physics, Chemistry, Math and ESL, and passing first year at the University of Adelaide was assessed more than passing B.Sc. or graduation in First Class or Division by the Canadian Universities and the assessment authorities when applied for studying in Canada in 1991-92. However, I could not go due to lack of funds.

I have teaching experience even with ESL (English as a Second Language) besides this but not even TESOL or TESL can be awarded as it says one must obey the national and international laws. So, I am doing it as my civilian duty.

Well, I have B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry, Math and Education as an additional subject besides passing English and Punjabi as compulsory subjects from Khalsa College, the extension college of Punjabi University. No wonder the clouds that thunder do not rain.

Main GateImage via Wikipedia













 In any case, I also applied to New Zealand in 1991-92 with same problem as with Canada that made even studying in USA impossible as I do not have funds even though someone may claim that I may have hidden account say in Switzerland. I wonder and then take cup of tea to be what I need to be - a learner, yes a life long learner.

Thus, that is Why I received low marks and grades in graduation: "Mandal Commission protests of 1990 closed roads, highways, transportation services, government services, schools, and businesses of India. Anti-reservationists protested against the political content of the commission with the
potential to riot and clash against reservationists. Student protests were planned publicly, and in advance." (With thanks from source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=10136136)

Thanks for your reading it!


Copyright by Dr. Harmander Singh-Protected and archived by World Wide OCR dot com Seal (TM) File, Canada
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

iNeedSell.com - complimentary live ads. A place to Purchase, Advertise and Trade

Free Online Earning Resources: *NetAudioAds with AdSense*CHITIKA* MORENICHE* CLICKBNAK* DREAMHOST* HOSTROCKET * SITECUBE* CBCLICKBANK* CROCMINT* WORLDNICHE * AFFILIATEBOT* GETACODER * TRIALPAY* MARKETHEALTH* HERBALBIZ* SHAREASALE* SALEHOO* LINKSHARE* LIFEDYNAMIX* REALADVENTURES* HEALTHYWEALTHYNWISE* AISO* AMAZON* LINKSHARE* BIDVERTISER* AFFILIATESHOWCASE* FREESITESIGNUP*

I'm learning about:Real Estate Investing Course for Foreclosures.




Get Chitika | Premium


Links | Free Domains for Earning | Earn from Free | Free Earning for Blogs-Webs |
Use Free Domains for Blogs, Online Stores, Websites and AdSense CO.CC:Free Domain
| How to Manage Teen and Youth Concerns | Free Scholarships |
How to Help Youth - 1 | How to Help Youth - 2 | How to Help Youth NOT to CRY